In 1935, George Gavrielides, a keen game hunter, started his
small trading business in the town of Larnaca, of which one of
its main commercial activities was the trading of imported game
1961, Procopis Gavrielides takes over the cartridge business from
his father and at the same time starts the production and trading
of his own local made cartridges.
1965, the small business started a large-scale production of game
and sporting cartridges under the brand name OLYMPIA and in 1970
the company made its first exports. At the same time, after special
agreement with several European companies the firm starts the
production of several well-known European cartridges in Cyprus.
1976, the firm was registered as a limited liability company under
the name of Procopis G. Gavrielides Ltd.
1980, a subsidiary company G.M.G. Cartridge Co. Ltd was founded
which specialized in the manufacture and trading of plastic cartridge
cases and managed by Procopis Gavrielides. In 1982 the company
introduced in its production line high-tech machinery aiming in
higher quality and lower unit costs.
1985 a modern ballistic laboratory was created and the Olympia
cartridges were homologated in Liege-Belgium and received CIP
certification. At the same time the volume of exports in Europe
rose considerably with the UK market as the major customer.In
1990 the cartridge production was upgraded by the introduction
of new modern machinery.
1995 ‘new blood’ enters the company in the face of
Yiannis Gavrielides, son of the founder who takes over the sales
and marketing department. In the same year Procopis G. Gavrielides
Ltd. becomes the sole owner of G.M.G. Cartridge Co. Ltd.
the first part of 2003, the production of cartridges was reinforced
by new high-tech loading machinery whereas at the same time the
company introduced a new technologically upgraded ballistic laboratory.
At the same time the company started the production of plastic